Subdividing land requires following a stringent process for approval and development. Subdivision involves dividing an existing parcel of land into two or more lots. This process creates a new Title for each new lot once registered with the NSW Land Registry Services (LRS). Depending on the type of development, there are several types of surveying, planning and engineering services involved.
A Development Application (DA) needs to be lodged with the local Council for most subdivision and land development projects. This requires a Detail Survey or Contour Survey , proposed Lot Layout Plan and associated documents. Once approved, the final Plan of Subdivision (Deposited Plan) is prepared by a Registered Surveyor NSW and lodged at the LRS.
Forget dealing with complex government legislation, document preparation and the multitude of required consultants, our Registered Surveyors have helped thousands of NSW developers and homeowners subdivide their land. We can help with specific items as needed or handle it all, including; subdivision design, DA preparation, project management and Deposited Plan preparation.
The Process for Subdividing Land
- Feasibility assessment
- Detail / Contour Survey
- Concept Lot Layout Plan
- Development Application (DA) preparation (including Statement of Environmental Effects)
- Lodgement of DA with the local Council
- Plan of Subdivision (Deposited Plan) preparation
- Creation of Easements and Restrictions (preparation of 88B documents)
- Electronic lodgement and registration of Deposited Plan with LRS for creation of Title documents
Thinking Subdividing Land? Think SurveyPlus.
Complete your details here for a free quote.