Senior’s housing is residential accommodation that is designed exclusively for seniors or people with a disability. A seniors living development commonly takes the form of a residential care facility, hostel, or group of self-contained dwellings.
Aged care, seniors housing and retirement village developments are a topical and critical concern for the Australian government and communities. The rapid increase in the number of older Australians needs to be matched by development of more seniors housing. The need for this type of housing has created a unique market opportunity.
SurveyPlus know the ‘State Environmental Planning Policy Housing for Seniors or People with a Disability’. We assist clients in achieving economic outcomes by guiding the design of projects and navigating what can be at times a tricky legislation. We facilitate sensible and sensitive retirement community developments that are well designed to enable older Australians to be happy, independent and socially engaged.
- Final design/proposal is settled on
- Assessment of relevant planning legislation and environmental controls
- Liaison and negotiation with Council
- Preparation of Statement of Environmental Effects outlining proposed development
- Issue of report for DA submission (provided in hardcopy and PDF format)
- SurveyPlus will respond to any objections raised by Council or the community and work with Council to achieve acceptable design solutions, good planning outcomes for the community and a sound economic result.
Thinking Seniors Living development? Think SurveyPlus
Complete your details here for a free quote.