Affordable housing and boarding houses can be moderate sized or larger developments offering inexpensive and flexible rental accommodation. Boarders will rent a room on a short or long term basis, and have access to shared facilities, including a communal kitchen, bathroom and laundry as well as dining, lounge and courtyard spaces.
When suitably designed, affordable housing and boarding house developments are valuable additions to the community and create a sound economic investment for the owner.
SurveyPlus Town Planners know the ‘State Environmental Planning Policy for Affordable Rental Housing’ and can evaluate your site’s development potential for these options. We review and advise on your design to minimise impacts, optimise ROI and ensure a good neighbourhood fit leaving you to focus on the bigger picture.
- Final design/proposal is settled on
- Assessment of relevant planning legislation and environmental controls
- Liaison and negotiation with Council
- Preparation of Statement of Environmental Effects outlining proposed development
- Issue of report for DA submission (provided in hardcopy and PDF format)
- SurveyPlus will respond to any objections raised by Council or the community and work with Council to achieve acceptable design solutions, good planning outcomes for the community and a sound economic result.
Thinking Affordable Housing development? Think SurveyPlus
Complete your details here for a free quote.